I love cardstock! If you need any cardstock you can purchase it at my webstite www.cardstock.biz. I have over 600 colors, including all of Bazzill's line in 8.5 x 11.

Cardstock is the best medium for expressing yourself through stamping and scrapbooking. I will share with you my work and techniques as I learn them too.

March 16, 2009

Coloring Stamped Coasters - Tutorial

Hi Everyone!

I really enjoy creating little works of art on coasters. This is a great way to use your stamps without having to think of a card design. There are many ways to design coasters. This one I'm going to show you is about coloring images with markers.

Supplies Used:
Ceramic Coasters - I did not use coasters from the hardware store or tumbled tiles. These are crafty ones.
Stamp Set - Paisley Rocks by The Angel Company
Craft Ink - Basic Black by Stampin Up
Markers - Summer Sun, Green Galore, and Cameo Coral by Stampin Up
Acrylic Sealer Spray



Ink up the flower image really good and randomly stamp it on the tile, inking inbetween impressions.







Randomly stamp some of the matching little flowers in between the bigger images.



Randomly stamp the dots in some of the open spaces.




Let the image dry, with by waiting or by heat setting with a heat gun. I have found that this ink does smudge a bit if I don't wait long enough. Color the image very carefully so to not collect much black ink. I think a little dark color added some shadowing and gave it some depth on this coaster.









Spray the tiles with the acrylic sealer for a couple of coats to protect the design. Wait for the spray to dry between applications.

I like the soft colors that these markers create on the tile.

You can purchase these coasters on my cardstock creations etsy shop

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is a fabulous tutorial! Thank you!!!

I am adding you to my blogroll, your site is great!

~Rhonda
http://craftybitch101.blogspot.com

ocean said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Shimmermeblue said...

Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

cherscrap23 said...

That is such a neat idea...and will have to try this some day soon, thanks for sharing!

Share a Link